There is a lot of information about the Czech Republic available online. Some websites you could find helpful are as follows:
- http://www.czech.cz/en (the official site of the Czech Republic)
- http://www.myczechrepublic.com (a website containing lots of info about the Czech Republic, ranging from trip planning tips to descriptions of Czech traditional cuisine)
- https://www.czechtourism.com (a lovely website for tourists, with good descriptions of various routes – as already mentioned in the “Weekend Trips and Other Activities”)
Useful links and tips
- http://www.mapy.cz (a website containing all the maps of the Czech Republic)
- https://wego.here.com/ (Here Maps: after installing it on your smartphone and downloading the map of the Czech Republic (or other countries), it allows navigation using only the free GPS system, without needing a data connection)
Note: Prepaid Czech SIM cards can be purchased, for example, from the Vodafone store at the Mercury shopping centre in České Budějovice (across the street from the train station, as mentioned hereinbefore). A CZK 200 card (EUR 8) will get you unlimited calling/SMS within the Vodafone network, 500 MB of data and approximately 20 minutes of calling to other networks.